Now you can use OrderStorm WordPress eCommerce for digital downloads alone or along with physical products, services and events. Sell music, e-books, videos, software – any file type can be sold as a download.
Really great digital download features:
- It is VERY easy to set up digital downloads from the product menu.
- You can have more than one file download for each product.
- You can set up digital downloads for ANY product type. So you can set up a digital download for a physical product, like a TV, and have a digital download of the manual.
- Digital downloads can be applied as features to a product, ex. buy the TV and pay $1 more for a digital download of the manual.
- Downloads can expire after either a set number of days or a set number of downloads.
- File sizes up to 1GB are supported.
- Customer receives email with the download link.
- Link is also displayed to customer on ‘Thank You’ screen following the order if order is paid for.
- Upload the digital download file and manage settings on the Digital Download tab on the Product page. Digital downloads can be easily managed (number of times & date each file was downloaded, files deleted) See image below.
Digital downloads are available with most of our subscription packages with different limits on the file sizes supported. See the Subscriptions page to determine which is the correct one for you.
You can limit the number of files and file sizes to avoid overages. Remember to delete old files to minimize storage. Additional storage space is available for $1/GB/month.
Digital (file) Uploads
Now customers can upload files with their orders, too. Digital file uploads are great for orders where you need to get logos, photos, diagrams or other files submitted with the order. Any file type can be uploaded. Upload multiple files with a single order – example: send in the 3 best photos of your cat.
- Manage digital uploads on the Product page, Customer Uploads tab.
- Settings include a customizable display label, number of files for upload and max file size.
- See uploaded files on the Order Management page, Files tab.
- Customers are prompted to upload their file during the checkout procedure.
Like Digital Downloads, Uploads are limited to certain file size depending on your subscription. See the Subscriptions page to determine which is the correct one for you.